JOIN THE TEAM
View our current openings below and click to see a full description.
The Senior Accountant role has a strong focus on developing advanced technical skills and utilization of professional judgement and critical thinking, which allows individuals in this position to complete a wide assortment of advanced client work. Seniors review work completed by Staff Accountants and Paraprofessionals, assist with staff training and workload management, and assume greater client management responsibilities. Additionally, Seniors analyze and interpret reports and client data to assist management with workload planning and operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preparation of complex tax returns; primarily business tax
- Initial review of tax returns; easy to intermediate complexity
- Preparation of year-end and general tax planning, including complex multi-year scenarios
- Complete initial reviews for accounting services such as bookkeeping, payroll, sales tax, etc.
- Prepare financial reports such as compilations, reviews, and other assurance services
- Analyze and interpret client data to diagnose opportunities and present solutions
- Perform advanced financial analysis, including financial forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Organize and conduct staff training for large groups and individuals
- Establish working relationships with assigned clients and oversee clients’ services and projects
- Very strong knowledge of QuickBooks software, both desktop and QBO
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Advanced proficiency with tax preparation and workload management software, preferably CCH Axcess or similar
- Solid communication skills for effectively working with clients and colleagues
- Ability to produce high quality work with exceptional attention to detail
- Aptitude for leadership and thrives in a collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative in solving problems and learning new skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting and/or tax preparation
- Active CPA license or actively working towards certification